Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Weekend in the Vineyards


Hi everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful weekend!

I just got back from the most amazing little vacation with my best friend. We road tripped around California to a friend's wedding and then up to San Luis Obispo where we went to college. The weather was absolutely perfect, and we got to stay with some friends whose back yard is literally a huge vineyard. The views were breath taking and we spent a lot of our time soaking up the beauty (and of course the wine). I miss living up in the central coast with all of the green valleys, beautiful mountains, and the many local wineries. We were only there for a few days but we packed each day with all of our favorite food, hikes, shopping, and friends.

Obviously, I had to take advantage of this view and ask my best friend to snap a few pictures of me for my blog, so here ya go! I have been loving these clogs and with the weather being so beautiful I was happy to throw on one of my favorite Free People dresses (which is also one of my favorite layering pieces). This Voile and Lace Trapeze Slip is easily one of Free People's most popular pieces, and if you are as obsessed with this dress as I am then you definitely own it in at least two colors. Being tall, I sized up in this slip so that it was long enough for me to wear as a dress and not just as a cute top. Although I do love this piece thrown over some jeans, I also love to wear it under a sweater or another warmer piece and let it's lacy trim hang out the bottom.

I bought this lovely cream crochet sweater a while ago and it has been one of my favorite pieces to throw on. Not only is it totally my style (with some groovy bell sleeves), but it is also super versatile, and it worked perfectly over my dress on this sunny day. Of course I had to give the outfit a little edge and throw on my tan harness vest and my floppy black hat to top it all off!

Thanks for reading and if you ever find yourself in the San Luis Obispo area I definitely suggest checking out the beautiful vineyards and all of the local wineries!!

Outfit details below!! xx






Sweater, Dress, Harness, and Shoes: Free People
Hat: Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment