Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Beginning of Something Beautiful

I am so excited to finally launch my own style blog! I figure I should begin by telling you all a little about myself and why I wanted to start this blog. My name is Maddie. I recently graduated from college and am currently trying to figure out what career path I want to follow. After moving back to San Diego (where I’m from) I decided to pick up a part-time job as a stylist for Free People. I am having such a blast working in the fashion industry and this job has actually inspired me to follow my dreams and start this blog.

I have always been fashion obsessed. I constantly have to clean out my closet to make room for my newest finds, and it seems like I can always find an excuse to buy something I love (ex: I ABSOLUTELY CAN’T live without it). My style is always evolving and I have seen myself go through several phases over the years, but this is what makes fashion so much fun. I think Rachel Zoe puts it perfectly:

“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak”

Personal style gives everyone a chance to express themselves through their own unique style choices. Picking out what to wear is one of my favorite parts of the day, and it gives me the chance to express how I am feeling that day.

I may not be the best writer, nor am I a fashion expert, but this blog will give me a chance to share my thoughts on something that I am passionate about, and if I can inspire a few people along the way I will be one happy girl!

Thanks for reading!
xoxo


Jacket and Hat: Free People

No comments:

Post a Comment