Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Velvet Obsession


I figure it's only fitting that my first outfit post features one of my favorite velvet pieces and explains my obsession with this fabric.  I scored this little velvet dress (LVD we'll call it) from a Free People sample sale, and it was perfect for the holiday season! What I have come to love about velvet is how versatile the fabric is. It can be dressed up to look fancy, or dressed down casually (which I will show in later posts).  The fabric is soft, thick, and adds a little flair to any outfit.

I actually wore this dress on New Years Eve and to a holiday party, and everyone loved it! The color is so fun and it pairs perfectly with black heels and some silver jewelry. I love throwing on a super elaborate necklace with an outfit that needs just a little something extra. I love how this necklace has a few different shades of blue and it slightly contrasts with the color of the dress. Also, the back detailing of this dress is so fun and makes the dress that much more interesting!

So here you have it, me and my velvet obsession. I will pull in this fabric whenever I can, from velvet tops to little velvet party numbers. However, I appreciate many other fabrics and promise not to post too much of the same one! Just thought I would explain where the blog name came from and why I love it so much!

Outfit details below!

xoxo




Dress: Free People
Necklace: Free People

No comments:

Post a Comment