Thursday, May 7, 2015

Take Me To The Beach


Hello loves!!

Today's post is all about my favorite new piece in my all time favorite place to be: the beach! I recently moved to a more coastal city in San Diego county, and I am so thankful to have the ocean right in my back yard. I typically make it down to the beach several times a week, even if it's just for a nice walk after breakfast. There is something so calming about the ocean, and a large portion of my wardrobe is perfect for days at the beach. I have also been waiting for the perfect piece to blog about at the beach, and this Free People maxi top hit the spot for me!

I saw this top in the Free People April catalog in black and I fell in love immediately. However, once I saw it in white in person I was officially sold. First off, let's talk about this cut. The uneven maxi style top, with slits up the entire sides, AND a peek-a-boo in the back. It's simply amazing. The detailing on the entire front side of the top is so beautiful too. I have been so careful about getting it snagged on things, and I only hand wash this one. I have mostly been wearing this top over some boyfriend style jeans, but today I was loving it with some denim shorts! 

These One Teaspoon shorts are my go-to denim short this season. I love the distressed look on the bottom, and the nice length of the shorts. It can be hard to find cute denim shorts that cover your whole booty these days, but these ones are long enough to make me feel comfortable. 

With the beautiful ocean behind me, I didn't think the outfit needed much more (besides some silver and turquoise jewelry of course). I obviously had to be barefoot, because if you're at the beach you got to have your toes in the sand.

Outfit details below!! xo 






Maxi Top: Free People
Shorts: One Teaspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment