Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dress Obsession


Happy February loves!!

I have been dying to blog about this dress ever since it came in the mail a few weeks ago, but I've been waiting for the perfect sunny day to dance around in it. I actually have a love story with this dress... I work for Free People and I saw the dress in a catalog a few months ago and attempted to order it immediately. Of course it sold out within days of the catalog coming out, and I just wasn't quick enough. I kept seeing pictures of the dress on social media and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had given up on my search when one night I was browsing FreePeople.com and I saw the dress back up on the site. I frantically clicked on it and found that there was literally only 1 left, and it was my size! I clicked through the order process as fast as I could and waited patiently for the dress to arrive.

I was about to leave the house one night when I looked down and saw my package at the doorstep! Of course I went back into the house and had to try the dress on to satisfy my curiosity, and I don't think I could love it any more. The sheer fabric, with the burnout velvet embroidery is even more beautiful in person, and the fit is just perfect. Not to mention, the dress comes with a skinny scarf that can be worn around the neck (see below post), or around the waist (shown here). I love how unique the dress is, and I sure am a sucker for anything For Love & Lemons. 

This dress will be fun to throw a leather jacket over, pair with OTK boots, or pair with funky black heels. Here, I went for a simpler look because I didn't want to take away from the dress in all of its glory.

All outfit deets are below.
xx






Black Slip: Free People
Booties: Urban Outfitters

3 comments: